Hopeless about CARs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I could really use some encouragement and advice right now. I just got my mcat score back from the exam I wrote in July. My overall was 502 which isn't good but that wasn't my main concern as all I wanted was to get a 124 in CARs so I can at least be eligible to apply to the school I want to go to. I got 123 in CARs. I am really really disappointed. I have written the new mcat 3 times. My scores for CARs were 122, 121 and now 123. I have done everything I can possibly do since my first exam to try and reach the 124 mark. I bought and did all the AAMC CARs packages and practice exams, took the Jack Westin course, read hard/boring passages daily (from NY times, The Economist, Jack Westin daily CARS passages) for at least 1 hour a day for the last 10 months, trained myself to be calm during the exam and still, I am not able to reach the bare minimum of 124. I know there is no magic bullet and that's why I invested in all this time, money and effort but I feel so defeated and so hopeless right now and don't know what to do or what my next step should be. I am writing this because I'm wondering if there is anyone else who is currently on a similar boat and/or if anyone was on this boat but ended up doing well in CARs. How did you do it?!!

Members don't see this ad.