Hopeless student needs a friendly advice. please.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sabrybry95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'am an european student.

The reason why i'm writting is i want to tell you story.

I'm born in Italy and when i was 14 , my family moved in Belgium.
In Belgium, my dad wanted to send me in a easy professional school in order to learn french and be able to success my year.
But ididn't want easy school and a professiinal job. In fact, i wanted to go to university and become a doctor. So withouth having my dad knowing it, i went to the moste hard in the city in order to be redy for university. In thise high school every student was rich and i could see that i was different. Also, most important of anything , everyone spoke french.. And i did'nt known a word and i had a attention disorder ( TDA).

But one day, i wake up in the middle of the nightand i known that i could do that. So, dispite i falled most of my test in the first piriod, i believed that i was going to sucess my year. So i worked harder that anyone ( even my sister at university) I worked also in the weeks off. I worked every hours with energy. I not only succeeded , i was one of the best.

At the end of the years i was the " favorite" of all the school teachers who hear about me and i have riceved the excellence price. You can't imagine how much i was proud. So, i decided t tell my dad about that.

After graduated in high school with science option, i started medical School in Brussels.I loved the science ( chimistry, physics) and i worked hard. But not hard as before. I was'nt even beliving in that. I didn't have that crazy grit. In fact i have failled the same exams ( in science, one in my fevorite subjects) over en over ( 3 times)

So, i failled my first year in medical School. My familly keep telling me that i'm notIsuited for medicin and that i schould go to Law School instead of restarting my first year .

I want to rest MED SCHOOL ; but if i fail again i won't have anymore a scholschip...I can't afford university without.

What am I doing so wrong? Is there anything that I am clearly just screwing up? I contacted our student services director asking if there were any tutoring resources but other than that I can't think of some drastically different way to study than what I'm already doing. A lot of the people from my undergrad are in this class and I did better than them in college but they are clearly doing better now.

How did you all do it?
Why do you think it hapenned? Why i lost my glit...? What happend to me?
What i schould you? ....

Please ansewer to me..

Feel free \ honest to tall me whatever.

Thank you really.

Members don't see this ad.

I almost feel like I'm responding to a troll post??

Most medical students are going to suffer burnout at some point. In the end, you need to decide how badly you want to be a doc and commit to following it through. Success is about pooling your resources that includes friends, classmates, and most importantly, your instructors. Most students I have seen fail do so because they do not know, or are unwilling to ask for help or commit to studying the amount required for them to pass. You have to work hard, there's no being a doctor without that quality, and you will work hard even once you are in practice (well, most of us, anyway). :)

Reactions: 1 user