Hoping to apply MD...thoughts?


New Member
Mar 22, 2020
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Long story short. Testing about about a 503 right now with a 7/18 date. I am all ready to submit my primary, but worried I won't be able to push a 510 by 7/18. What are the consequences of submitting my primary to 1 MD school, getting my MCAT back and just holding off until next cycle? Hoping to apply 30+ MD and 8+ DO but this may change with my MCAT score.

    Some things to note on my app:
    White, Male, not disadvantaged, Residence is FL
    cGPA: 3.33 Biomedical Engineering
    ECs: collegiate athlete, >2000 clinical hours (research is lumped here as well due to being a CRC), 9 peer review publications on my app (5 In Press, 1 Provisional acceptance, 3 Pending), ~80 volunteering hours with JDRF and athletics, worked part time valet for 4 yrs, 250 hours shadowing coincidentally thru a formal immersion engineering program
    Most recent MCAT (not real one..AAMC FL2): 127/121/128/125 (503)
    About the Ads
    About the Ads
    This thread is more than 1 year old.

    Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

    1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.