Hopkins and Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys! I was wondering if anyone knew the cheapest places to stay at when one goes to Hopkins and Cornell for interviews. Also, when going to Cornell, which is the best airport to fly into: LaGuardia or JFK? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Central park is pretty cheap and is very close to Cornell. And the waiting room in the ED at Hopkins is pretty cheap too. I'd probably shell out some cash and stay at a holiday inn though.

good luck.

Yo, at Hopkins you can stay on campus if you would like in Reed Hall. You don't get the best accomodations (small dorm room, common hall bathroom and shower, old building) but it is convenient because you don't need to worry about transportation in the morning...you just have a few minute walk to the admissions office. It's especially easy if you would like to do the greeters program (meeting 1st years like me) the night before your interview, because that is at Reed Hall as well. Last year at my interview I thought staying in Reed was sufficient...not to mention free, but if you absolutely need to have a comfy hotel room, you may want to go for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
For Hopkins...my place is a wonderful place to stay.

for hopkins, reed is the way to go, for sure

Originally posted by fava
for hopkins, reed is the way to go, for sure
no it's not fava...my place is a lot better than that h-e-double hockeysticks-hole.

Originally posted by JulianCrane
Hey Guys! I was wondering if anyone knew the cheapest places to stay at when one goes to Hopkins and Cornell for interviews. Also, when going to Cornell, which is the best airport to fly into: LaGuardia or JFK? Thanks.
laguardia is closer to manhattan than jfk. are we not doing student hosting this year?

DW,

When I called to schedule my interview, the coordinator said she'd contact the med students and see if anyone would be interested in hosting. As I don't know how reliable this is, would you happen to know of anyone willing to host in mid-October? You can PM me if you have any info. Thanks a lot!

I think we're still figuring out schedules for tour guides and stuff like that....if i hear anything about student hosting (for, as far as I can tell, none of the first years have been contacted about) i'll let you guys now :)