Hopkins didn't fill ?!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deuce

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
amazing - I had some issues with no elective first year, Baltimore, and heavy inpatient number of months required, but come on, its Hopkins - what gives ? Would be interested to hear what others have to say at this point....stunning

Members don't see this ad.

amazing - I had some issues with no elective first year, Baltimore, and heavy inpatient number of months required, but come on, its Hopkins - what gives ? Would be interested to hear what others have to say at this point....stunning

Where do you get such information?

Members don't see this ad :)
phone call interviews already set up according to at least one student I have spoken to-
ergo they did not fill

It was not the Hopkins Hospital Osler IM program.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised if the entire match is screwed up because of failing servers and/or attacks. The scramble people had it bad today. I just hope they didn't screw the whole thing up.

:wow:

don't think it was their main categorical program. it was a smaller inner city program that didn't have many spots as i recall when i looked at the list

my friend just scrambled into a JHU IM program! So happy for her!

congrats to her!!! I am a little confused, though. Match day is tomorrow; how do some students apparently know their results already? There is obviously a piece in this puzzle I am missing. I understand that the programs get the results a day or two earlier and would know they didn't fill, but I don't understand students having knowledge of their placement or not. Please explain, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to her!!! I am a little confused, though. Match day is tomorrow; how do some students apparently know their results already? There is obviously a piece in this puzzle I am missing. I understand that the programs get the results a day or two earlier and would know they didn't fill, but I don't understand students having knowledge of their placement or not. Please explain, thanks!

Anyone that knows today where they will be on July 1, didn't match. They scrambled.

Clear?

Anyone that knows today where they will be on July 1, didn't match. They scrambled.

Clear?

Yea, I went and read the NRMP website for the explanation of how the week runs. I had never seen that before. Interesting for sure. It is kind of cool that you find out on Monday IF you matched, then you just sweat out the where part. If you applied for a very competitive specialty, like ENT or Derm (with no backup), you could know you got into your dream job on Monday. how nice.

Yea, I went and read the NRMP website for the explanation of how the week runs. I had never seen that before. Interesting for sure. It is kind of cool that you find out on Monday IF you matched, then you just sweat out the where part. If you applied for a very competitive specialty, like ENT or Derm (with no backup), you could know you got into your dream job on Monday. how nice.

The way to know is to simply rank ONE program.

WINNING!!

Reactions: 1 user
There's no way Osler didn't fill, what with all the people that would salivate at the thought of having the name on their diploma. Must have been one of the other two community programs.

but its good to see 400+ students thinking for themselves (ie the ones JHU interviewed) and not chasing "names" blindly

am still hearing it was osier, not sinai or Bayview. Everyone will know for certain today though when the program this student matches at is public and cant be spinned.

Appears its time for Hopkins to evolve if it wants to stay competitive with the handful of elite programs it regards as peers . A good place to start would be to get more faculty to interview so they could be more flexible in their dates, allow for at least one elective month PGY1, and raise salaries (quite low right now)

but its good to see 400+ students thinking for themselves (ie the ones JHU interviewed) and not chasing "names" blindly

am still hearing it was osier, not sinai or Bayview. Everyone will know for certain today though when the program this student matches at is public and cant be spinned.

Appears its time for Hopkins to evolve if it wants to stay competitive with the handful of elite programs it regards as peers . A good place to start would be to get more faculty to interview so they could be more flexible in their dates, allow for at least one elective month PGY1, and raise salaries (quite low right now)

They have a new, smaller Urban Health track. Maybe that is the issue...people just not aware of it?

it was this new "urban" track not "Osler" that didn't fill - very confusing - as they are both totally JHU hospital sponsored programs and not hyphenated

Good going deuce. :rolleyes:

This is classic, now with hindsight being 20/20. No need for the Osler program to evolve.

phone call interviews already set up according to at least one student I have spoken to-
ergo they did not fill

First, what's with the attitude? Did hopkins snub you for an interview or something?

Regardless, the osler program did fill without scrambling. What didn't fill was the Hopkins Urban Health program which is brand new. Hopkins got funding for it late so it's not surprising that it had to scramble to fill since it went up on ERAS late.