Hopkins Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ice_23

Economics Monster
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
SDN'ers,

Any recent news from hopkins (i.e. interview invites)? I'm just wondering if they really do send out invites this late (as opposed to just saying they do, and then giving out like 1...).

Thanks,

Ice

Members don't see this ad.

I called them yesterday and they said I was rejected. :( Good luck this late.

Originally posted by chameleonknight
I called them yesterday and they said I was rejected. :( Good luck this late.
hey chameleon--sorry! yea i think i might get the same answer if i call--when were you complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all!

They are definitely still sending them out! I got my invite last Thursday (2/5). My interview is March 5th and they must have had later dates because the woman did not give me a last week or day to interview. I am so happy and shocked. Good luck everyone and have some hope! I do not have the best stats at all but Hopkins is great because it treated me as a person and not just numbers. :)

DrJ2B,

If I may ask, when were you complete?

Thanks,

Ice

Hey ice_23!

No doubt! I got the e-mail confirmation that my application was complete on 1/9. Good luck! I hope you get an interview! :)

Oh, well that sucks for me. I was complete 12/15, and they're still "reviewing"....

It's all good tho...:(

-Ice

Hey ice_23!

Don't despair! Your file may be in the process of being reviewed again. They did not tell you otherwise. Did you send an update to your application? I sent one to them and a few days later I got the invite. Good luck and have some faith! The med school application process is a crapshoot as we all have attested to. You never know! ;)

Perhaps it is :) What did you put in your update letter? Your grades, or like some extracurricular activity that you joined since your secondary?

-Ice

P.S. Oh yea, and to whom did you send it to, the admissions office?

Hey ice_23!

I sent my grades, an abstract for a paper that will be published soon, and a revised copy of my resume with recent employment.

I sent it and put it in attention to the Admissions Office.

I suppose Friday the 13th is a lucky day for me. I just got an invite! :)

I was eating lunch and damn near knocked my sprite into my laptop when I received the email....:)

G'luck to those that are still waiting!

-Ice

that kickas.s ice.

hope you do well at the interview.

Good luck, everyone. Hopkins is great--feel free to PM me with questions (we have just finished anatomy, so I actually have a little time to respond to things. :D ).

Congrays ice_23! I told you to have faith! :D

Congrats ice_23. Did you send them an update letter, or did you just get the invite out of the blue?