Hopkins on Discovery Health!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoulRFlare

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
to my fellow pre-med nerds--

tonight at 10 (eastern) there's a show about hopkins on discovery health. i think they'll be following the chief of surgery around, among other things.
see you there!

Members don't see this ad.

Episode 1

"Chief of trauma surgery, Eddie Cornwell, cares for the wounded victims of East Baltimore street violence; Paul Colombani battles to save a young girl with uterine cancer; and a sea turtle with a mysterious illness arrives from the National Aquarium."

I guess there will be more episodes to come. But if you miss the show, you can catch it on Mar 27, 2004 @ 05:00 PM

Wow, I checked the description of the second episode, and Ben Carson is going to be on it. I actually read his biography "Gifted Hands". I am looking forward to episode 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
sigh...more reasons to get cable...but no $$. :mad:

i feel ya jlee... i thought i was the only one w/o this channel! why arent there quality programs like this on FOX or UPN???

I kinda had the same problem with you guys like 2 months ago, then my parents switched to digital cable and we recieved Discovery Health. This channel is mostly filled with all day Births, so it gets pretty old after a couple of weeks though.

Originally posted by Andrew_Doan
Is this the re-run of the original Hopkins 24-7 series?

Yes it is. Its a great show from ol' ABC in 2000. I do find it entertaining but a little sad when they do the follow ups at the end of the show.

ABC also did the Houston Medical show a year or two later which was really good. I wish they would continue with those type of shows.

Originally posted by G0S2
Really sad with that young girl with the sarcoma-like tumor on the uterus.

no kidding...good old cost-cutting HMO +pissed+

Originally posted by Chrisobean
i feel ya jlee... i thought i was the only one w/o this channel! why arent there quality programs like this on FOX or UPN???

:laugh: :laugh:

wait you dont mean Jake 2.0 is quality programming?? :rolleyes:

well at least they have seinfeld and frasier reruns...