Hopkins Question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bebe, Dec 4, 2001.

1. bebe

bebe Member

hi,

Do you guys know how long it took from notification of complete file to interview/rejection? I recevied notification that my file was complete around October 23. I am not sure I should panic or chill out. BTW, I emailed the admissions office 1 week ago and have yet to receive a response.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Sorry to hijack your question, but how long was it between when they got your app to when you got the app complete notice? I'm still waiting on mine.

4. bebe

bebe Member

A little over a month, I think!
    What I suspect is that they are bombarded with tons of applications and that it will take them longer to process it. Sorry, I couldn't be more specific. I will look this up when I get home ;)

5. bebe

bebe Member

6. C U in MD school

C U in MD school Senior Member

why dont u just call them ?

7. Wednesday

Wednesday Senior Member

Attending Physician
    I talked to actual Hopkins students (as in admitted) who weren't interviewed until March (and obviously got in). And that was in a normal application year. Don't worry! At least you haven't received a rejection.

Coalboy: I never got an application complete notification. I got a "we still need this stuff" notice and then an invite.

BTW Calling never worked for me. They only answer the phone at certian times and I always got a busy signal.

8. bebe

bebe Member

I would call but they are not accepting phone calls

9. EC

EC

Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty much in the same boat. My application was complete on Oct. 31, but I have not heard anything from Johns Hopkins yet (no interview/ no rejection).

EC

10. The Fly

The Fly Senior Member

Hopkins is one of the schools i've heard nothing from after getting interviews at most of the other schools i've applied to. You're not alone!

11. bebe

bebe Member

12. DesperatelySeekingMD

DesperatelySeekingMD Senior Member

Disclaimer (in light of the high level of sherlock holmes work by SDNers)- These dates are not exact and I really can't remember for sure when my app was complete. However, since I am a type A, I have a chart at home I can check the dates on tonight....

Application Complete Notification- early Sept
    Received interview invite- about one week later
    Interview Date - Oct 4
    Good News from Dean White- Nov 6

I think that they is a longer delay now because they are working with more completed applications. In late Aug./early sept there were fewer applications, so a quicker turnaround time.
    I wouldn't worry at this point. Good luck.

13. Don't worry about if you hear nothing from Hopkins. JHU only accepts 30% of each interview group (about 15 people a time), and hence it is not really on a rolling basis, later MCAT people get a later interview... but chances are almost equal with early MCAT people... Sometimes, chances are even greater toward the end since they need to fill those spaces when people decide to go to Harvard or UCLA unexpectedly... Trust me on this.