Hopkins Secondary Application status DIsaster

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allie86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my secondary weeks ago, paid my fee, printed it out and just mailed the hard copy. ON a whim I check the status today and it says secondary not submitted.. not even started... it's empty!
There's no way because I knoow I submitted it and I have the confermation. There's no e-mail I can find for them.. anyone else having this problem.

Oh, plus, somewhere it says I should attach the payment voucher to the pdf.. but when I paid it didn't even say that..
Ugh.

Help!

Members don't see this ad.

Allie86 said:
I submitted my secondary weeks ago, paid my fee, printed it out and just mailed the hard copy. ON a whim I check the status today and it says secondary not submitted.. not even started... it's empty!
There's no way because I knoow I submitted it and I have the confermation. There's no e-mail I can find for them.. anyone else having this problem.

Oh, plus, somewhere it says I should attach the payment voucher to the pdf.. but when I paid it didn't even say that..
Ugh.

Help!

Was it this year's version of the secondary that you submitted? It's possible you sent them last year's by accident if they hadn't updated their application when you submitted.

ADeadLois said:
Was it this year's version of the secondary that you submitted? It's possible you sent them last year's by accident if they hadn't updated their application when you submitted.

nope.. just followed the link they gave me

Members don't see this ad :)
Call them tomorrow.

Allie86 said:

Ugh.

Help!

did you print out a pdf version and send it to them? didn't we have to do that for johns hopkins?

my AMCAS was verified on the 22nd and I still haven't seen anything from Hopkins...they don't screen, do they?

scentimint said:
my AMCAS was verified on the 22nd and I still haven't seen anything from Hopkins...they don't screen, do they?

i got a letter and a guidebook in the mail shortly after my AMCAS was verified, nothing through e-mail though. the website for the secondary is www.hopkinsmedicine.org/admissions if you want to try filling out the secondary and see what happens

tch001 said:
i got a letter and a guidebook in the mail shortly after my AMCAS was verified, nothing through e-mail though. the website for the secondary is www.hopkinsmedicine.org/admissions if you want to try filling out the secondary and see what happens
I actually started filling it out, but I haven't finished the essays yet...but I figured I would certainly wait until I hear from them before I submit it. Maybe they send out the mailings in batches.

With Hopkins it is Ok to submit before hearing from them. I got a snail mail 2 weeks ago with the guidebook asking me to fill out secondary (AMCAS verified 7/20). Went online and started it.

I had gotten an email from Hopkins explaining that I was complete, and then today got another email telling me that they just received my secondary and that they'd tell me when I'm complete.

What's up with that?

Svidrillion said:
I had gotten an email from Hopkins explaining that I was complete, and then today got another email telling me that they just received my secondary and that they'd tell me when I'm complete.

What's up with that?

same thing with me, i guess they just glitched?

Haemulon said:
With Hopkins it is Ok to submit before hearing from them. I got a snail mail 2 weeks ago with the guidebook asking me to fill out secondary (AMCAS verified 7/20). Wet online and started it.

Would you like to talk with someone about that? :laugh:

ordeliacay said:
same thing with me, i guess they just glitched?

I received the same e-mail - their system must be taking over!

Svidrillion said:

What's up with that?

I got this e-mail too! Maybe... maybe, they meant to send out their "interview invite" form e-mail... but pushed the wrong button... maybe?? :p

CavalierMD said:
I got this e-mail too! Maybe... maybe, they meant to send out their "interview invite" form e-mail... but pushed the wrong button... maybe?? :p

That would be pretty f-ing sweet! :luck:

No, yeah.. I'm starting to wonder about them and Columbia, actually. My status (submitted, not submitted) seems to change depending upon what time of day it is and what computer I'm on. Sometimes I'm "active" sometimes I'm "submitted". I also get about 9 e-mails from Hopkins when I click ONCE on the "forgot your password" button. :rolleyes:

Last cycle I didn't hear from them for a while about my status after I had submitted my secondary. I eventually got the complete email and several hours later got the interview invite. Who knows what was going on...

Haemulon said:
:eek: Oooops. Yes, it has been a bit of a problem. Stressfull times you know.

Slippery when wet, man! You know how it goes!