Hopkins Secondary Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrThom

Thundercat
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone leaving the question aboue "What fields of medicine are you interested in" blank?

To tell you the truth, I really don't have a strong interest right now. I am pretty much open to anything. However, when I first decided to I wanted to be a doctor, I wanted to be a family physician because I know many small towns are lacking family physicians and it hurts the community (happened in my town). I thought about putting this but then thought twice because it IS hopkins and they are looking for the next superstars of medicine.

Members don't see this ad.

DrThom said:
Is anyone leaving the question aboue "What fields of medicine are you interested in" blank?

To tell you the truth, I really don't have a strong interest right now. I am pretty much open to anything. However, when I first decided to I wanted to be a doctor, I wanted to be a family physician because I know many small towns are lacking family physicians and it hurts the community (happened in my town). I thought about putting this but then thought twice because it IS hopkins and they are looking for the next superstars of medicine.

Dr. Thom..

if i were you, i would leave the least amt of stuff blank as possible.. that said, why don't you write exactly what you have here..it would be crazy to
already have an area picked out, but you know what area you're INTERESTED in.. honesty is the best policy. if hopkins is too superstart for your honest response, too bad for them..but really, i don't think your response is going to change their minds about you either way. i think they are just trying to get a little extra info from you.

~LR :thumbup:

When I applied to Hopkins, I answered this question in general terms...it didn't even occur to me that they might have been asking about a particular specialty. I talked about things like academics, research, public health, urban health, etc.