Hopkins vs. Columbia!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

espre

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now I have a big dilemma - I was accepted to Columbia (MPH) a few weeks ago, and just received an acceptance from Hopkins today. I'm from NYC, and would like to live there again, and I'm a physician with multiple contacts at Columbia. I know little about Hopkins, but now want to go there to visit. The Hopkins program would be shorter, and might cost a bit less, but the greater consideration is whether one program would be better for my future career than the other. I'm interested in Maternal/Child Health, and may want to work internationally.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Now I have a big dilemma - I was accepted to Columbia (MPH) a few weeks ago, and just received an acceptance from Hopkins today. I'm from NYC, and would like to live there again, and I'm a physician with multiple contacts at Columbia. I know little about Hopkins, but now want to go there to visit. The Hopkins program would be shorter, and might cost a bit less, but the greater consideration is whether one program would be better for my future career than the other. I'm interested in Maternal/Child Health, and may want to work internationally.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Oh! That's great news. Congratulations! Well, what can I say? Stay with Columbia because you're the only one here for the GPH track?:p

Well, Hopkins of course is no. 1 and I haven't heard anything negative about it other than its location- Baltimore (supposedly unsafe and stuff). Academically it should be all positives. I'm sure others will be able to offer insight.

P.S. - with all the Columbia advocacy I thought that's where you were goin', come what may:p
But of course, Hopkins deserves a serious thought.
Good luck.

Hopkins has a stellar reputation internationally. They are big on branding there and it is definitely a well known and well respected name.