Hopkins Waitlist 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
muahahah!!! i mean LOL

mannn i hope we can be freaking hopkins classmates together!!! blAHHRRR

I c@n haz hopkeens axxeptanz?

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, I'm always late to the game, not sure I'm being that helpful anymore.

Waitlist movement has started, and we expect to see a little more. I think about 15 have gotten waitlist offers, the class is still close to full, but we expect more movement. Don't know how much.

You know guys, the numbers are starting to seem a little off to me too. They're saying the numbers are the same as previous years, but I have the same discrepancy that you guys do (they say there's lots of movement, but there hasn't been that much). We haven't increased our initial offer pool and financial aid was a little worse than usual (though not as bad as we thought), so this seems like an unremarkable year, but the numbers don't match up. Don't know what to say, I've asked about it outright several times and the answers have been confusing. Perhaps I should just shut up. Remember, I am just a student getting my information second hand like you guys, so don't take anything I say as gospel. Since I helped with Revisit I am interested in this stuff and will try to find out, but the bottom line is offers have gone out and we expect some more to go out soon, just not that many (don't know what number that is, just repeating what I heard).

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for bumping it back into existence lilmissdoc--i couldnt even FIND it last time i came on sdn...

and goldtop--i saw ur post on the waitlist thread...GAHHH i get heart attacks just by signing onto SDN...but i def can relate...i really hope things work out for you----(and all of us!!!)

i really cant believe that there hasnt been more movement for hopkins---or at least its not us...im gonna infuse :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck: into this thread...so that via the gods of sdn...whoever posts on this thread will not die but have everlasting luck in getting of the WL...

EEEEEEE!!!! gluck and LOVE to you all =)
(i think im going nutty hehe)

Yea, it looks like the only SDNer that got in was the one guy who registered recently in order to let us know about wait-list movement.

Maybe they only call on Thursdays. Let's keep hoping till Thursday, maybe some more movement will happen. :thumbup:

on facebook--someone from the school id be going to just got into hopkins (during this week sometime) and is in deciding mode...

just found this today...

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks doode...obviously im still waitin on Jhop though ;)

how about you...still holding out or starting to get settled into choice #2

gonna hold out for just a bit longer. After a few weeks, I'm just going to start getting set up with my life !!

word!!

i think we owe ourselves two weeks...im really sad tho that this thread hasnt been gettin the ACTION!!!

any news?? any info

has anyone called the admissions office before and if so..howd it go?

im thinking of calling but im such a chicken...

i tried calling yesterday but no one picked up. If you want to call just hit 0 when the lady starts speaking and it will direct you to the office. Let us know what they tell you!

apparently they have 'call-in' hours mon, tue, wed 2-4 pm...

i guess ill try calling on monday...

mEHHH

ditto. I might have to stop visiting this forum. It's fairly depressing.

I just emailed and asked if there is likely to be any further waitlist movement. I will let you guys know if I get a response...I hope I didnt offend them!

I just emailed and asked if there is likely to be any further waitlist movement. I will let you guys know if I get a response...I hope I didnt offend them!

As people get off other waitlists, they will drop out, and there will be more waitlist movement. This comes directly from talking to the admin office. But its a trickle, not a flood, so while there will be movement its unknown how much.

My year a girl was all set on going to Stanford, found out she was accepted to Hopkins two weeks before orientation in August, and switched all her plans at the last minute. Waitlist movement goes on forever. It just might be slow.

Thanks again, JHopRevisit. Dean Hicks was kind enough to respond to my email as well and essentially conveyed the same point...thats its not possible to predict how the waitlist will move. So we will see what happens.

Hi guys, I stumbled across this thread and wanted to let you know that there will be one more student offered a spot this week, as I have turned down the offer I received last Friday the 13th. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Thank you! I am really looking forward to it :D

Yea, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the class is pretty full. People do still drop in and out over the course of the summer, but it will be a trickle, not a stream.

Just got in yesterday!!! Looks like there's still some movement! Don't give up hope yet guys.

Just got in yesterday!!! Looks like there's still some movement! Don't give up hope yet guys.

Dude, I like your avatar. Capt. Janeway rules:woot:. Just dropping by to yawn about the slow waitlist movement. Congrats!

Dude, I like your avatar. Capt. Janeway rules:woot:. Just dropping by to yawn about the slow waitlist movement. Congrats!
Capt. Janeway does rock. Go StarTrek! (Hehe, were not nerds AT ALL)

:luck: Hey guys--I just got an email and phone call from Dean Hicks so hopefully there'll be more waitlist movement soon!