Hopkins Waitlist/Response

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alphabeta53

*** Super *********
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My first choice school, Hopkins, has placed me on the alternate list. Should I send a letter expressing my interest or would it be better to just wait it out. I know Hopkins has an active wait-list but I want them to know that I am really interested. Any advice would be greatly appreciated especially from current hopkins med students.:)

Members don't see this ad.

I was told by a doctor to always let the school know that they are your first choice.

Is it alright to send letters of interest to more than one school? Do schools communicate amongst each other as to who they have received these letters of interest from?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't Lie. If a school is your top choice then tell them so. If they aren't just tell them how much you'd like to attend their school. During this process it is important to be honest with the schools and yourself.

$0.02

I agree be honest if Hopkins is your first choice then tell them but don't lie to other schools.

You can send them a letter of intent, which states that you will attend their school and withdraw from others if they accept you.

However, it's too early in the game and they may forget later on, so wait a few months and send that letter of intent, which is the strongest thing you can do to get off the waitlist, around April or May.

I sent the same letter around June 1 via overnight mail, and the next day I was accepted to Hopkins.