Hormones are mush in my mind HELP?!?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cliff Huxtable

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question:

Between ADH, Aldosterone, Angiotensin II could someone summarize what happens with water, Na, K, etc. I am having trouble remembering all the differences between them.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

ADH-- detects osmolarity and blood volume by stretch receptor--and accordingly put porins in collecting ducts to reabsorb water to maintain osmolarity.so it does affect osmolarity but not TBNa+
Aldosterone- it detects abnormal levels of na,K and blood volume but responds via RAAS.acting on distal tubule-activating na/Katpase on basal side.as water follows na,osmolarity is not affected but TBNa is,so is K and ECF

ATII- it activates aldosterone via RAAS on same reason (as above).

hope i'm not wrong and it helps you.

do not try to remember what goes up or down and get confused with but try to think what could happen to na,k,etc knowing mechanisms of hormones.

ADH-- detects osmolarity and blood volume by stretch receptor--and accordingly put porins in collecting ducts to reabsorb water to maintain osmolarity.so it does affect osmolarity but not TBNa+
Aldosterone- it detects abnormal levels of na,K and blood volume but responds via RAAS.acting on distal tubule-activating na/Katpase on basal side.as water follows na,osmolarity is not affected but TBNa is,so is K and ECF

ATII- it activates aldosterone via RAAS on same reason (as above).

hope i'm not wrong and it helps you.

do not try to remember what goes up or down and get confused with but try to think what could happen to na,k,etc knowing mechanisms of hormones.

Thanks a TON!

So if understand right:

ADH only affects water (increases reabsorption)

Aldossterone affects water, Na, and K (increases water, Na reabsorption) (excretes K+)