Hospice and Palliative Care Fellowship Interview Invite 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyblue2000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd start the thread and hope more people join in!

OSU, UM are reviewing apps.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have applied to only 2 programs locally.
UCSF
Stanford
So thinking my chances are pretty slim...
Curious how do you know the programs are reviewing apps. Can you directly email them ? This is so frustrating esp 10 years after graduation. Does anyone know if programs offer prematches?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Can you tell on ERAS when a program is reviewing applications, or did you contact them to find that out?

Mount Sinai is reviewing applications (they sent a message through ERAS; I don't think there is a way to tell whether or not a program is reviewing applications by just looking at ERAS).

I received an e-mail from the two I listed stating they were reviewing applications.

Thought I'd start the thread and hope more people join in!

OSU, UM are reviewing apps.
I applied to 9 north east programs, so far only Sinai sent an email stating they are reviewing applications, rest are quiet

Medstar WHC is reviewing applications too. They send amessage through eras.

Pretty quiet on my end so far.

Good luck all!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yale is reviewing
Interview for Brown

Also, some of my letters were later than the application opening. Would you email programs to tell them all your requirements are in?

Yale is reviewing
Interview for Brown

Also, some of my letters were later than the application opening. Would you email programs to tell them all your requirements are in?

You could ask your home program - I had an annoying thing happen where a program realized that my MSPE was missing all of the comments, and that I had to ask med school to re-upload. My home program suggested that I reach out and let all the programs know what happened...

Jamaica Hospital Medical Center invite 7/20.
University of Pennsylvania invite 7/24.
Hofstra-Northwell invite 7/27.

Reactions: 1 user
Penn state
Dartmouth
NYU winthrop
Northwell
Geisinger
URMC
Cook county
MedStar Washington

....I applied to a LOT of places.
In case anyone cares, I'm an IMG, need visa.

Last edited:
I honestly thought it was still early for interviews?

Has anyone heard back from Stanford , UCSF or UC Davis .
Do these programs even send out rejection emails ?

I have heard from UT San Antonio, but has anyone else hear from other places in Texas? I applied really only in the south, and I haven't heard many responses.

Did anyone hear from UTHSC-Houston, MD Anderson, UF-Jacksonville or Mayo clinic Florida?

I am applying to Geriatrics with the plan to dual board in HPM. Since many Geriatrics and HPM programs are within the same department, this may help. I have heard back and received interviews from Baylor, UT Houston, UT San Antonio, UT Southwestern, UTMB Galveston, UCLA, USC, UC San Diego, Stanford, UC Irvine, and University of New Mexico.

Last edited:
I am applying to Geriatrics with the plan to dual board in HPM. Since many Geriatrics and HPM programs are within the same department, this may help. I have heard back and received interviews from Baylor, UT San Antonio, UTMB Galveston, UCLA, and UC Irvine.

Yale 8/8

Deadline to submit rank order list is 9PM ET on November 14.

Attachments

• 1855C88F-B4E7-407F-AF1A-DBE741FDD2C7.png
    1855C88F-B4E7-407F-AF1A-DBE741FDD2C7.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 82
Just a running list of places where people have received interviews (please copy forward and add yours to the list!).

BIDMC
Brown
Cedars Sinai
Cooper
Christiana (DE)
City of Hope
Colorado
Cook County
Dartmouth
Drexel
EVMS
Geisinger
Hofstra/Northwell
Jamaica (Queens)
Jefferson
Lehigh Valley
Lincoln (Bronx)
MedStar Washington
Memorial Sloan Kettering
MGH
Montefiore (Bronx)
Mt. Sinai
NYP-Queens
NYU-Winthrop
Penn State
St. Lukes (Bethlehem, PA)
Temple/Fox Chase
Texas-San Antonio
UPenn
URMC
USC (South Carolina)
Wake Forest
Yale

Does anyone know something substantial about:
- St Luke’s (in PA)
- UMichigan
- Cleveland clinic
- mountain health in Asheville, NC?

Everyone’s websites all basically sound the same and it’s hard to decipher which ones to actually go to. Thanks!

Updated (Congrats!):

BIDMC
Brown
Cedars Sinai
Columbia
Cooper
Christiana (DE)
City of Hope
Cleveland Clinic
Colorado
Cook County
Dartmouth
Drexel
EVMS
Geisinger
Hofstra/Northwell
Jamaica (Queens)
Jefferson
Lehigh Valley
Lincoln (Bronx)
MedStar Washington
Memorial Sloan Kettering
MGH
Michigan
Montefiore (Bronx)
Mt. Sinai
Mountain Health (Ashville, NC)
NYP-Queens
NYU-Winthrop
Penn State
St. Lukes (Bethlehem, PA)
Stanford
Temple/Fox Chase
Texas-San Antonio
UPenn
URMC
USC (South Carolina)
Wake Forest
Yale

Can anyone comment on the MJHS fellowship in NYC? It does not seem to have an academic affiliate, and I am wondering how this affects training and experience there.

Has anyone heard from UCSF? And has anyone heard back from Stanford with a confirmed interview date? I filled out their doodle invite weeks ago but haven’t received any confirmation for my interview date. Was thinking of emailing both programs but wasn’t sure what the status was.

I heard back from Stanford in couple of days after the doodle invite. As for UCSF .. Well, the email to their program coordinator bounced back so, I emailed the PD 5 days ago. No reply yet.