Jun 2, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
The hospice doesn't keep track of hours since most of the other volunteers are older people who come in and out. I asked my LoR writer about it and she told me she stated my weekly hours & timeline in her letter but didn't differentiate shadowing and volunteering. However, I differentiated them on my app. Is this fine? If they call, there's no formal track of hours, I estimated based on weekly hours x weeks there.

My advisors asked me to try to have a record on paper since schools like to have official track of it but I really just have an estimate and the MD's LoR/reference. I am taking it with a grain of salt as my advisors have said not totally accurate things before but just wanted to check if this seems fine.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020
Toronto Area, Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
The hospice doesn't keep track of hours since most of the other volunteers are older people who come in and out. I asked my LoR writer about it and she told me she stated my weekly hours & timeline in her letter but didn't differentiate shadowing and volunteering. However, I differentiated them on my app. Is this fine? If they call, there's no formal track of hours, I estimated based on weekly hours x weeks there.

My advisors asked me to try to have a record on paper since schools like to have official track of it but I really just have an estimate and the MD's LoR/reference. I am taking it with a grain of salt as my advisors have said not totally accurate things before but just wanted to check if this seems fine.
This is what I would do. Talk the verifier and let them know you're claiming X hours and ask if they agree.

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.