Hospital Pharmacy Tech, Clinical experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zyvox

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I will be getting a job at the hospital as a pharmacy tech. Do you guys think this could be considered as clinical experience? Or do I need be doing something in more "proximity" with MD's.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So I will be getting a job at the hospital as a pharmacy tech. Do you guys think this could be considered as clinical experience? Or do I need be doing something in more "proximity" with MD's.

Thanks

It will be clinical experience since you are in the field and workign rather than sitting on bench doing research.

HOWEVER, the type of clinical work that you'd be doing is FAR from what you'd do in some other place (e.g. ER). You'll probably be dispensing meds and delivering meds. You'll also be responsible for other duties (e.g. stocking shelves, etc) around the pharmacy. That was what I was exposed to when I worked in the pharmacy over the summer.

Hope this helps.

I wonder if any one has worked as a clinical tech PART-TIME ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also a pharm tech who's pre medical. I'm hoping this will work for me as well.