Hospital supporting during child fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nexus73

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had the experience of working for a health care system and leaving work temporarily to do a child fellowship with monetary support from the employer with some agreement you will return for a set amount of time after the fellowship. I have some interest in this, but the financial hit of doing a fellowship makes it a non-starter with my student loans.

Members don't see this ad.

Couldn't you do income driven or income based student loan repayments?

Has anyone had the experience of working for a health care system and leaving work temporarily to do a child fellowship with monetary support from the employer with some agreement you will return for a set amount of time after the fellowship. I have some interest in this, but the financial hit of doing a fellowship makes it a non-starter with my student loans.
I wouldn’t do this because I don’t want to do child but the place I am working would offer a $1500 a month stipend for my fellowship time if I were to do that and agree to come back for at least three years.