Hospitalist job Interview presentation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John989

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends,

please help me ?

I have to do a topic presentation in front of other hospitalists for a hospitalist job position.

what kind of presentation are they looking from me? How extent I have to do that? They gave me an hour. please name some topics?

Can any one advise me please ?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I would consider topics like bed-side manner, consulting issues, DDx methods, family member considerations... You need to show knowledge of the subject, be confident in your oral presentation, and have an ability to calmly counter any "challenging questions" coming at you from colleagues or nurses.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm confused.... this is for an interview for a hospitalist position? Not sure how enthusiastic about a group I would be if they asked me to do a presentation for them as part of an interview

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Danbo 1957
Obiwan - I am kinda confused about your reply. can you explain more ?

I feel the same, I haven't heard from colleagues. It is excessive.

I'm confused.... this is for an interview for a hospitalist position? Not sure how enthusiastic about a group I would be if they asked me to do a presentation for them as part of an interview

Exactly. **** that. I'm done giving presentations.

Thanks Danbo 1957
Obiwan - I am kinda confused about your reply. can you explain more ?

To paraphase the great Allen Iverson, we're talkin bout practice here, not a game but practice. Any hospitalist job position should ONLY consist of a little Q&A session (oh tell me about yourself, do you see yourself getting involved in committees etc etc), free lunch, and hospital tour as needed. I went on 5 interviews and the most stress that I had to deal with was whether or not I could get my parking validated so if you're having to do a presentation, I would politely decline this interview.

Reactions: 1 user
What I did on my summer vacation.

A collection of cat memes for your viewing pleasure.

My last ten bowel movements rated on the Bristol Scale and the meals that led to each movement.

Ask which they would prefer.

All joking aside, these cats take themselves too seriously. I would want to know how many associates failed to make partner since this kind of asshattery probably pervades this practice.

I have heard about this happening from some of my residents but it tends to happen when you interview for highly academic hospitalist positions. Not sure if this is the case here but I would recommend getting some more info from the hospitalist group to help you prepare the talk. They can fill you in on topics that others have spoken about, topics that they would be interested in, etc.

Hi Friends,

please help me ?

I have to do a topic presentation in front of other hospitalists for a hospitalist job position.

what kind of presentation are they looking from me? How extent I have to do that? They gave me an hour. please name some topics?

Can any one advise me please ?
First off, f*** that.
If you really must, ask them about what they would like to hear or what has been given before and find out your target audience( dr's only, np, nurses pa's medical students etc. )

But seriously, consider it well if you would want to work there.