Hospitalist Job Market Outlook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted746658

obviously the market is not great right now, but when it inevitably picks up: how healthy do you think the job market for hospitalists will be in the coming 10-15 years?

Members don't see this ad.

Let's ask Carnac the Magnificent

DMtMfBh.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Secure a position right now and put yourself on a path to FIRE in 10 yrs... so you won't have to worry about the job market.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
the question was more so do you think hospitalist MDs will still be in solid demand in the next decade? the demand will be there for services (ie boomers, aging population), but mid-levels do pose a threat. it's really a shame that USA medicine is just a race to the bottom (line). pathetic. our program recently started to train a group of NPs. i rounded with them and dear lord talk about woefully unprepared.

Reactions: 1 users
the question was more so do you think hospitalist MDs will still be in solid demand in the next decade? the demand will be there for services (ie boomers, aging population), but mid-levels do pose a threat. it's really a shame that USA medicine is just a race to the bottom (line). pathetic. our program recently started to train a group of NPs. i rounded with them and dear lord talk about woefully unprepared.

I think Theresa Caputo is probably the best consultant for this question.

They train NPs?