Hospitalist Position in Austin, Texas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bdn13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be graduating from residency in July of this year, and I am in the process of looking for a job as a hospitalist, hopefully full-time, around the Austin area or surrounding suburbs Round Rock, Pflugerville etc. I've sent emails to in-house recruiters for the Seton/Acsension system and HCA/St. David's system expressing interest, and am waiting to hear back. I'm also utilizing sites like Practice Link or Glassdoor to search for available jobs, but those have been sparse. Does anyone know of potential job openings for a hospitalist position in this area or have any suggestions for what else I should do to broaden my search? I'm currently doing residency out of state but I grew up in Austin and my family currently lives in Pflugerville, hence why I want to return to practice nearby.

Members don't see this ad.

There is a baylor/scott & white round rock hospital

There is a baylor/scott & white round rock hospital

PM Me if you want, I was a hospitalist in Austin TX and know many of the hospitalist still that work in the area. It is a tough job market. Team health (St. Davids main hospitalist group) and Seton have both been expanding midlevels and have cut back significantly on hiring MD/DO's.

Not sure how far out you are looking. There are openings in Temple, which is about an hour and small change from Austin.