Hospitalist/Research and Cardiology fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

offcycleresident

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am posting on a new account for some animosity. I know this question has been asked multiple times and it is hard to answer because its dependent on many factors.

I am looking for some advice and possibly people who have managed to get into cardiology fellowship despite not applying during residency. In my case I will be offcycle due to visa Issues, I have applied for J1 previously before and didn't get it on time and had to reapply for residency again. This time on a program which gives H1B since I knew there was a chance for similar visa issues but I am still going to be offcycle.

My question is for example in my case I had no control to try to do chief resident year and then hospitalist/research for green card to later be able to apply to cardiology fellowship, is this path possible? Any personal stories?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Certainly possible... depends on how strong your residency program and how strong is your research experience.

Good luck:)

Hello everyone, I am posting on a new account for some animosity. I know this question has been asked multiple times and it is hard to answer because its dependent on many factors.

I am looking for some advice and possibly people who have managed to get into cardiology fellowship despite not applying during residency. In my case I will be offcycle due to visa Issues, I have applied for J1 previously before and didn't get it on time and had to reapply for residency again. This time on a program which gives H1B since I knew there was a chance for similar visa issues but I am still going to be offcycle.

My question is for example in my case I had no control to try to do chief resident year and then hospitalist/research for green card to later be able to apply to cardiology fellowship, is this path possible? Any personal stories?

Thanks

Try getting into a cardiology hospitalist position, and than get to know cardiology team better this way. CONNECTIONS matter the most , period. rest all is secondary.