Hospitals file suit to stop site-neutral payments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gfunk6

And to think . . . I hesitated
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hospitals sue over site-neutral payment policy

Does this signal the beginning of the end of hospitals/health systems buying private practices and jacking up the reimbursements via “facility” fees and other absurd maneuvers?

Members don't see this ad.

Does this signal the beginning of the end of hospitals/health systems buying private practices and jacking up the reimbursements via “facility” fees and other absurd maneuvers?
I believe cms stopped hospitals from billing hospital rates in 2015 or so for newly acquired practices after that date.

I think the bigger issue now will be when we reach parity between true hospital based centers and freestanding ones, and that's probably what they are really worried about now

Do you think they’ll actually jettison some satellites or just stop acquiring and keep the existing ones? If they try to sell some, I wonder who will buy