Hospitals that accept FMGs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lvb09

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how to get a list of hospitals that accept FMGs?

Thx

Members don't see this ad.

go to ross website, rossmed.edu, then look up residency appointments or clinical sites. usually if they give u a residency they let u rotate there, at least on electives.

for any ross students out there, do you do your 3rd year clinicals at ONE hospital, or are you moving from hospital to hospital for various clerkships??

Jamaican MD: just browsing posts:

In terms of your clinicals at Ross, you can do both, either do all your rotations in one hospital OR go to a different hospital for each rotation.

As you might already know, you have core rotations and electives: some students choose to do all their cores at one hospital, others choose to move around.

There are of course advantages and disadvantages of each. The states/hospitals where you can do all your core rotations include: Chicago (Jackson Park/St.Anthony)
New York (Wyckoff Heights or other nearby hospitals)
California (Kern County)

-the advantages: stay in one place, dont' have to worry about moving every few months
-the disadvantages: may not have the best rotations (some cores better than others)

You can of course choose to do the core rotations at different hosptals (or different states!). I myself have chosen to do this.

-the advantages: guaranteed best core rotation (teaching experience), see different parts of the US, meet different types of people.
-the disadvantages: keep moving from state to state, must deal with finding places to live, must be mobile (i.e. have a car!).

Just be sure, that as soon as you have your step 1 scores, to request where you would like to do your rotations!

best of luck.