Host reimbursement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctorstudent555

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do the med students who host prospective applicants get reimbursed at your school of is it volunteer? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Do the med students who host prospective applicants get reimbursed at your school of is it volunteer? Just curious.
I think we get entered into a raffle everytime we host? Or something? Never really looked into it, most of us just enjoy hosting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh ok I know UTSW just told me they reimburse hosts and I was under the impression everyone else was volunteering. That's very nice of y'all haha will be sure to pay back the favor if I can

Reactions: 1 user
We get a cafeteria voucher per applicant we host

I hoarded those babies. Sustained me during third year

As did meeting the future of medicine, of course

Reactions: 2 users

Pssh, we get ONE voucher for every THREE tours we give, one lunch for giving at least 3 interviews total each season (but no extra for doing more...I'm up to 10 this year and never even heard about the lunch from last year), and the raffle chances for hosting. And I guess we get free coffee for any of the above, but I don't drink the stuff, so that's no help to me.

Pssh, we get ONE voucher for every THREE tours we give, one lunch for giving at least 3 interviews total each season (but no extra for doing more...I'm up to 10 this year and never even heard about the lunch from last year), and the raffle chances for hosting. And I guess we get free coffee for any of the above, but I don't drink the stuff, so that's no help to me.

What the hell I want free stuff now.

As did meeting the future of medicine, of course

There it is lol.

What the hell I want free stuff now.

There it is lol.
Oh yah, that $5 from every 3hrs of work really puts it over the edge. I've never actually seen any of the others come through.