Hot Damn Netters is Expensive!!

Entol

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2003
    Geez, I was looking around for a gross anatomy atlas that was reasonably priced, and the recommended one-- netters-- is $120+ on Amazon! We're students on a budget.. why don't publishers understand? :(

Can I buy the CD instead or is it required that I lug a book around? Is there a cheaper place to buy a used book? Can we just burn the CD or something, maybe download it?

-Entol

Kalel

Membership Revoked
    Removed
    15+ Year Member
    Feb 1, 2004
    Metropolis
      Some med schools offer deals where if you join certain organizations (like AMSA at my school), they will give a free copy of Netter. Don't purchase one until school starts, you may be able to purchase a copy from an upperclassman too.

doc05

2K Member
      15+ Year Member
      May 24, 2003
      U.S.A.
        dude, I don't know where you're looking, but Netters is about $60. The hardcover version is more, but you don't need to spend that kind of money.

p.s. you need a book, because you'd have to be crazy to study anatomy on computer.
        p.p.s. Netter is one of the few books you may end up keeping after medical school.

About the Ads

flighterdoc

Rocket Scientist
        7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Dec 1, 2003
        Slipping the Surly Bonds of Earth
          Entol said:
          Geez, I was looking around for a gross anatomy atlas that was reasonably priced, and the recommended one-- netters-- is $120+ on Amazon! We're students on a budget.. why don't publishers understand? :(

Can I buy the CD instead or is it required that I lug a book around? Is there a cheaper place to buy a used book? Can we just burn the CD or something, maybe download it?

-Entol

www.ebay.com
          www.half.com
          www.walmart.com
          www.campusi.com

shop around.

Entol

7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Jun 10, 2003
            Ahh, I saw that I was in fact looking at the hardcover edition. I guess this is a worthwhile deal, but still if it's free at the beginning of medical school for joining some organization, maybe it's better to wait. Thanks for the quick replies!

doc05 said:
            dude, I don't know where you're looking, but Netters is about $60. The hardcover version is more, but you don't need to spend that kind of money.

p.s. you need a book, because you'd have to be crazy to study anatomy on computer.
            p.p.s. Netter is one of the few books you may end up keeping after medical school.

KyGrlDr2B

7+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Oct 15, 2001
            KY
              You definitely want to get netter's. It's great and you'll probably keep it even after the class is over. My advice is get one free for joining amsa or buy one from an upperclassmen.

DrBravesgirl

Surgeon for a year
              7+ Year Member
              15+ Year Member
              Jun 5, 2002
              chicago
              1. Resident [Any Field]
                you'll get a free one for joining AMSA and getting the credit card (which everyone gets, just never activate). but it wouldn't be a bad idea to scour ebay and half.com for a used, cheap netter for anatomy lab (after it gets doused in formaldehyde a couple of times, you'll understand why you don't want to use just one).

About the Ads

Green912

10+ Year Member
                15+ Year Member
                Jun 12, 2001
                1. Attending Physician
                  I'm not a member of MDConsult so I couldn't look at it, but I would suggest comparing the site with a reference copy of Habif in your library. If the information is comparable and you can access it when you need then pocket the money and buy more coffee grounds. Unless Derm is your thing paying $150 for a few weeks is a bit much. Like someone above suggested there are cheaper books out there that will do just fine in your own reference library. Good luck.

Green912

10+ Year Member
                  15+ Year Member
                  Jun 12, 2001
                  1. Attending Physician
                    I notice that angle is posting from Romania. From my limited interaction from other European trained physicians and professors, their anatomy training seems to be at the PhD level and extends over a number of years. That would explain the use of Gray's.

Jasminegab

psych student
                    7+ Year Member
                    15+ Year Member
                    Aug 7, 2003
                    Philadelphia
                      flighterdoc said:
                      Grays? Does anyone actually use it?

I'm using Gray's Anatomy unbridged edition and Netter's. Gray's is excellent since Netter's is only illustration not really explaining in detail what each section is about. I read Gray's and follow along in Netter's.

In my school, we don't use cadaver's, so I have to depend upon Gray's to make sense of it all. Otherwise it's just sheer memorization and that's a weak spot for me.

About the Ads
                      This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                      7. This thread is locked.