hot or not

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hot or not: waitlist ranking

• show me where i stand (rank me)

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • resort to alternate list legerdemain (don't rank me)

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

etf

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this is kinda like my previous thread about the med school match system. basically, for those of us on waitlists, would you want to know exactly where you stand on that waitlist? i know it sounds like a silly question, but all the waitlists that i'm on are supposedly "unranked," but there is OBVIOUSLY some way they are choosing people. i think it would work best if they just had developed a ranking after may 15th, when there is a general idea of how many people will go or not. i also think it's unfair (and even cruel) for them to say that the list is unranked, when it clearly is. thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

etf said:
this is kinda like my previous thread about the med school match system. basically, for those of us on waitlists, would you want to know exactly where you stand on that waitlist? i know it sounds like a silly question, but all the waitlists that i'm on are supposedly "unranked," but there is OBVIOUSLY some way they are choosing people. i think it would work best if they just had developed a ranking after may 15th, when there is a general idea of how many people will go or not. i also think it's unfair (and even cruel) for them to say that the list is unranked, when it clearly is. thoughts?
I'm all for rankings. I'm not sure if they are clearly ranked though, you never know how they prioritize those decisions.

i was hoping for pictures. weaaaak.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed, within the hour we better have some pictures...:)

i believe that's what the pre-med picture thread is for ;)

unranked waitlists are bull****.... just reject me already!!!! :rolleyes: I know, I know, they have to fill in sex/ethnic groups that match to make their desired "class profile" still pisses me off! :thumbdown: