Hotel for Hopkins

Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by Loopo Henle, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Loopo Henle

Loopo Henle Goin' straight for the IJ
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Anybody have any ideas about where to stay for the Hopkins interview? The two hotels they suggest are at least 150 a night. Is there anywhere close, safe and cheap or should I just bite the bullet and shell out the cash to stay at the inner harbor. Thanks.

2. daisyduke

daisyduke Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I interviewed at both Hopkins and U Maryland... both times I got the Wyndham inner harbor for $75 on Hotwire (it is the 3-star hotel advertised at $64 before tax). This hotel is right next to a subway stop which for less than $2 will take you two stops to Hopkins (the station is literally underneath the hospital). Also walking distance to U Maryland for those of you interviewing there.

3. ExtraCrispy

ExtraCrispy Funky chicken
    7+ Year Member

The Holiday Inn at the Inner Harbor has a discount for $99-109 per night, if you bring your letter from Hopkins.

4. tigershark

tigershark Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I stayed at the Admiral Fell Inn in Fells Point for $109....It's a nice area if you are planning to do any looking around baltimore.

5. JR

JR Guest

Call the program and ask if they have aby special deals with nearby hotels for interviewees; otherwise, check out orbitz or expedia.