1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Hotels for Albert Einstein

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by psufan, Nov 18, 2005.

1. psufan

psufan Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey...I was hoping that someone could suggest a hotel for me...I'm interviewing at Einstein, but am planning to make it a long weekend and want to do some holiday shopping hopefully...any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Rendar5

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    hmm...that's a tough one. I really don't know any hotels nearby. You could always stay at a hotel near LaGuardia and take a cab in to the school. that's not too far, but u'd have to pay for the whitestone bridge. But that would end up beign expensive. I don't know any Bronx hotels unfortunately.

I always recommend staying here w/ a student. cheap, close to the school, and that's ur best resource for info on the school (not the adcom). but u stay w/ a student host for one night generally, not a whole vacation. well, whatever u decide to do, save a night on hotel fare and stay w/ a student host for one of the nights.

4. DeigoT

DeigoT Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The closet reputable hotels I can think of are in New Roc City (off Main street in New Rochelle) which is about 15-20 mins away from the school. For the most part, there are mainly smaller motels in the Bronx. There are a few of them on Baychester Ave, Gunhill Rd as well as Boston Rd. ( about 15 mins. away by car). Don't know if you would be comfortable doing that. My mom lives a few blocks from the school. I can call her for the info on the motels if you are interested. You can PM me. Otherwise I think it would be better to stay with students.

5. DeigoT

DeigoT Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Marriot Residence Inn in New Roc City New Rochelle 914-636-7888. I have driven there many times from the Bronx (for the movie theater). I lived pretty close to AECOM and it took me 15-20mins., but I also know the area well. It is right off the highway (New England/95). This hotel lists the Bronx Zoo as 10 miles from them, and the Bronx Zoo is probably 7mins from AECOM, so that should give you some idea of the distance.

Radisson Plaze at 1 Boston Post Rd, New Rochelle. This hotel is about 2-3 blocks from Marriot. This is even closer to the highway. 914-576-3700.
    You should have no trouble getting a cab although I have no way of knowing how well the driver knows his/her way around the Bronx.

For motel in the Bronx: Oasis Motel 3801 Boston Rd. www.oasismotelbronx.com.

Pelham Garden Motel. 1990 E. Gunhill Rd.

I really cannot comment on the reputation of the two motels. There are several others but I don't remember their names.

It will probably cost you $10 by cab from the motels, more from the hotels.

I have stayed at both the Radisson and Marriot. Marriot is a nicer location as it is upstairs from the movie theater, resturants, skating rink, bowling alley and fitness club in New Roc City, although I doubt you would be staying there for any of those reasons. I would still stay with a student though.

Hope that helps.