Hotels for interviews at Wayne State Sinai-Grace and Detroit Rec. Hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MushieCookie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up everyone. Anyone know of convenient (and relatively cheap) places to stay for these interviews? I'm not sure how far the airport is from these hospitals.
Easy to cab it to/from the hospital to the hotel and/or airport?

Thanks in advance.

Good luck to everyone on the interview trail.

Members don't see this ad.

Short answer would be no, it's not a cheap cab ride as the airport is quite a ways out of town. It might be quite a bit cheaper to just rent a car. PM me the days that you'll be in town as I might be able to hook you up with a place to stay if i'm in town. I live 10 minutes from both hospitals.

I'll do that. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are flying into Detroit and are going to be around for a few days then it would be best to rent a car here in Detroit. We are the motor city and as such we have not developed our system of public transportation. If you can stay with a fellow SDNer that would be cool, but if you want somewhere that is relatively cheap then I would look on Hotwire in the Southfield area. If you want to stay in posh North Oakland county you could also look to stay in the Birmingham/Troy area. Good luck and if you have specific questions then PM me. I am a pgy2 at Receiving.

I word for you....priceline
I have used it for my travels in the past.
I actually just booked a 2 night stay in Detroit Metro area with 2 days of car rental.
Hotel in the SOuthfield area for 30 dollars a night offer comes to total of 76.07 for 2 nights.
Car Rental (Standard size) for 2 nights offered 24 a day and comes to 65.56 for the 2 nights)...they say saving of 64% for the car.

But, when you figure out what it will cost for taxi rides everywhere you are much better renting a car.

But, priceline is a great tool if you know how to name your own price....typically if you have time, start low and then if you do not get it, can change your offer every day or couple of days depending upon what you are going for (I think hotel is you can change price every day and car it is every 3 days).

What's up everyone. Anyone know of convenient (and relatively cheap) places to stay for these interviews? I'm not sure how far the airport is from these hospitals.
Easy to cab it to/from the hospital to the hotel and/or airport?

Thanks in advance.

Good luck to everyone on the interview trail.

detroit receiving paid for a hotel room two years ago. either they're in some financial trouble or suddenly detroit has become an attractive city to live in.