hotels near jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XRanger

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have interview coming up and do you guys know any hotels that are within walking distance to the school?

Also, how's the interview there? Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Unless there is a money tree growing in your backyard, I'd stay with medical students. Jeff apartments are right next to the library, which is where your interview will be. There are also plenty of places to grab a quick breakfast nearby. They should have sent you a list of med student email addresses with the interview invitation.

It wasn't stressful at all to stay with students. I kind of just wanted to kick back in a hotel room the night before my interview, but after I saw that all of the hotels in Center City were booked a month before my interview and the only ones anywhere near Jeff were $399/night I quickly decided to contact the med students and stay with them.

The interview day starts at 10 am, and there will be about 30 other students interviewing. You sit in a HUGE conference room in the Scott Library, and listen to fin aid, students, and the dean talk. Then, you have a student interview. First year medical students will start piling in the door around 11:30, and will whisk you away to some isolated corner where you'll spend 25 minutes talking. Then, there is a catered lunch (beware: it wasn't too good of lunch so eat a good breakfast). Then, you have a tour followed by your faculty interview. PAY ATTENTION during the tour because you're responsible for finding your interviewer and being there on time. The day wraps up with cookies and mingling with students (I felt so strange for this because I hate mingling).

I interviewed for the PSAP (Physician Shortage Area Program) with a family doctor and so I didn't get a lot of ethical questions or anything. We just talked about my background, experiences, and goals.

I see you are from CA. I'd definitely stay with med students because 2 nights at a hotel is going to be VERY expensive. You'd have to get 2 nights since hotel check out times are around 11 am and your interview day won't be over until close to 5.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd try using priceline.com, hotels.com, or travelocity.com since I have had good success with websites like these for finding cheap rooms in reasonable hotels. But I'm from the area so I do know that there is a Lowes Hotel, Marriott, and Residence Inn in the vicinity. They are literally less than a 1/2 mile from the school. They are probably going to be expensive but try seeing what the websites bring up. Otherwise, you could try calling up the school and seeing if they have any students that host prospective students. Finally, if all else fails, some people have posted on SDN and asked if current students have been willing to host. I personally haven't done it and would offer but I live outside the city and I think you could find easier options closer to the school. Good luck!

What day is your interview? I'll be there on Jan. 28 and I'm in the same boat as you.

I see you are from CA. I'd definitely stay with med students because 2 nights at a hotel is going to be VERY expensive. You'd have to get 2 nights since hotel check out times are around 11 am and your interview day won't be over until close to 5.
you can have the hotel hold your luggage -or- bring your luggage with you to the interview. They usually have a room for your stuff so you don't have to pay for an extra night.