QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
Does anyone know of a reasonably priced hotel within walking distance of Northwestern in downtown Chicago? Those of you who interviewed there, where did you stay?

OP
QofQuimica

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician

davidbpage

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2004
Status
I think the best advice for staying in hotels is to check out hotwire.com. I've used this service for practically every interview trip, and I've been staying at 4-star hotels for the price of a typical motel! Or if your willing to stay at a 2 or 3-star hotel, you can prob. get a room for under $50 a night...

As far as Northwestern is concerned, I would use hotwire and choose hotels that are located in river north/wacker drive, gold coast, or michigan ave/water tower/mag mile areas. If you are willing to take a small (but very nice) walk, you can also stay in the loop area.

Have fun in Chicago...

opinionkitten

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2004
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
i did priceline and it worked out awesome. there is a region you pick on priceline to bid for that is all walking distance from nu. i got the westin on michigan avenue for $80 and it was a two minute walk and very nice. try three stars for $50 on priceline or the like and youll be all set

DelAGator

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2005
Status
There must be a 5-6 major hotels there. I stayed at a Hilton along Michigan Avenue. It was about $150+/night.