1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

hotels near tufts

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Yogi Bear, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm considering trying to book a hotel for tufts interview. I looked on priceline and they have the following cities:

Back Bay - Copley - Theater District Area Details
    Cambridge Area Details
    Chestnut Hill - Brookline Area Details
    Downtown Boston Area Details
    Medford - Somerville Area Details
    Revere - Logan Airport Area Details
    South Boston Area Details
    World Trade Center Area Details

Which one is near tufts? I'll be coming into boston using amtrak and arriving at the south station (wherever that may be).

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Veilside

Veilside Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

south station is actually a 10-minute (if that) walk from tufts medical school.
    but i advise you to stay with a student host, b/c you'll save money and get to learn a lot more about the school. i stayed with a couple of first-year students and they seemed to be having a good time in school. i mean, all they were doing was watching dvds and fooling around, and one of them was an md/mph student! from speaking to him, i got a sense that you have a lot of free time (more so than other schools) outside of school, at least during your first year.

4. banannie

banannie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'd say Back Bay/Copley/Theater district is your best bet. The hospital is practically in the theater district (Tufts shares a building with the Wang Theater). A cab ride from S. Station to any hotel in that area shouldn't be too expensive. You can also take the subway line (known as the T)

PM me once you get a hotel, and I can help you figure out how to get to Tufts from there.

5. nkow

nkow bouncin' here and there
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    quick question for those who have a tufts invite...when was your file finished and how long after before they sent you an invitation... sigh... waiting sux...

6. tedstriker

tedstriker wicked retahhded
    10+ Year Member

Since Tufts is in the Combat Zone, there may be a crack house or two willing to put you up for cheap...

7. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

problem is that none are the male students (3 on the list) i contacted were available. on the other hand, there were like 10 females whom i haven't contacted yet.

8. Veilside

Veilside Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i actually contacted one of the females thinking she was a male (b/c it says male on the student host list). she and her roommate were actually cool about a guy staying over for the night, so perhaps you can contact them. i ended up staying with the guys though.

9. hey, I'm a second year at Tufts and would be happy to put you or other future interviewees up. I live near Fenway Park in a nice studio with a good sofa bed, good neighborhood with bars and restaurants, easy 30-40 minute commute via the T (you would have to get up with me at 6:30-ish unless we have classes starting late that day, sorry!). I'm a female in case you didn't guess by the name, but if you don't have a problem with that it's good with me. The only thing I ask is that you not (unless it's an emergency) bring friends who are not interviewing, sig. others, children, pets, etc; b/c I am not equipped to entertain another person or babysit while you (collective term here) interview all day, and since I'm usually not home until 5 on Tuesdays I don't feel right leaving someone alone in my apartment all day (and pets are not allowed in the building). or if you prefer, I can post on the class listserv that you are looking for a place to stay; I did this for one person last year and it worked out great for him! don't stay with anyone in Posner unless you are a glutton for punishment and/or want to watch hookers at 3 am.. anyway, just PM me and I'll see what I can do, I also can't take anyone the week of Thanksgiving b/c we have a big exam block, sorry..