Hours listed on APPIC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psych.meout

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are the minimum required hours for assessment and intervention listed for internships on the APPIC website direct, face-to-face hours or just overall hours spent at clinical training sites?

I've seen at least a few that specify minimum required hours under the applicant requirements section, but then further detail a smaller number of face-to-face hours.

E.g. APPIC
Intervention Experience: Ideally, the minimum number of total intervention hours should be 200 with at least 50 of those hours dedicated to direct, face to face experience conducting either individual therapy with children or adolescents.

It seems like this is just a particular quirk for these few internship sites, but I wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing anything, e.g. that the website is not fully standardized and different sites are reporting data differently.

Members don't see this ad.

Intervention Experience: Ideally, the minimum number of total intervention hours should be 200 with at least 50 of those hours dedicated to direct, face to face experience conducting either individual therapy with children or adolescents.

Face to Face (F2F). The correct interpretation here is 200 total F2F intervention hours AND at least 50 of these in individual therapy with children and adolescents. The remaining 150+ hours should still be F2F but can be with adults, or involve group therapy, etc.