House for Sale in Erie, PA by graduating LECOM Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbows82

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am a graduating OMS-IV from LECOM in Erie. I am headed to Florida for my residency. My wife and I bought a nice house when we moved to Erie for med school 4 years ago, and we are trying to sell the house to another med student if possible because of its ideal location and amenitites. The house is located at 2809 Pittsburgh Avenue, which is all of 1.75 miles from the school. I actually went home to have lunch with my wife every day during 1st and 2nd years! The house is also located within 10-15 minutes of all the hospitals in Erie, so it's ideal for the clinical rotation years too.

It is a 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom Cape Cod style house. The downstairs features a large kitchen with gas stove, microwave, refrigerator and dishwasher. The kitchen also has a nice island with two bar stools. There is an eat-in dining room just off the kitchen as well. The main floor also has the living room, a full bathroom and two very good size bedrooms. There is also a large, sunny Florida room out back that overlooks the spacious backyard. The backyard is PERFECT for anyone with kids or dogs or anyone who likes to cook out and enjoy the outdoors! It is 140 feet long and 65 feet across and enclosed entirely by a 6ft wooden privacy fence we installed. We just put in a new steel shed at the end of the yard as well. I plan to leave the snow blower, propane grill and lawn mower with the house too! The upstairs is what my wife really liked about the house when we bought it. Originally it was 3 bedrooms, but it was turned into a master suite by the previous owner. One entire side of the upstairs is the sleeping area, which dwarfs our king-size bed! There is also a walk-through dressing area/closet that leads to a private master bath. We re-did this master bath with a cherry cabinet/sink and matching mirror and medicine cabinet. This bathroom also has a large, stand-up shower with a decorative glass door. The basement has washer/dryer hook-ups (both gas and electric). We currently have it setup with a work out area and a good-sized woodshop for me. There is a mudroom with access to the backyard from the basement as well.

Don't forget that if you agree to buy the house before April 30 you will get a $8500 tax refund!! If you are interested you can check out the house at:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2809-Pittsburgh-Avenue_Erie_PA_16508_1116687560

Thanks guys and good luck at LECOM -- it's a long 4 years, but it is definitely worth it in the end!

Members don't see this ad.

hello, i see this is currently for rent. could you tell Mr Marsh to call me back? I have been trying to rent this property for a day now.