House Staff Assistant Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dst10spr97

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering applying to Emory Universities House Staff Assistant program (see link). It sounds like a really good program, especially since I have no work experience in a medical setting-volunteer or otherwise. I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this program?

Thanks
DST

http://www.emory.edu/MED/DEPT/HSAP/

Members don't see this ad.

i've had several friends do this program and they tell me it basically boils down to how much you are willing to put into it because you basically set your own schedule...so you can get a lot or you can get crap out of the program. Other than that, i'd say go for it. If you don't have connections to shadow doctors, then this is a good way to go.

I did it. It was okay. I didn't put in the time though because I was taking classes during the summer and doing this, which creates problems becauses the internal medicine residents (who you shadow) are only there from around 7am-7pm.

I'm definitely thinking about doing the Emory program this summer (either that or studying abroad-- what do you think is better?). So maybe I'll see you there!

:)