Housing at KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OldManDave

Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you admitted and planning to attend KCOM. I have some housing information for you. First, if you are thinking of the school's housing...I don't live there; but know of several who are quite content with the accomodations. If you wish, I can put you in touch with a couple of students who do live there. This way, you can get the inside poop!
On a similar note, there is inexpensive housing available through Atlas House. I have Word copies of much of their housing information and would be happy to supply it to anyone who wants a copy. Again, I can put you touch with a person or two who lives there for the inside story.

Renting, buying at large...first, let me warn you...DO NOT rent/buy properties here w/o seeing it IN-PERSON! While there is some very nice and inexpensive rental property here, there are also places not fit for human habitation! The preponderance of the rentals are directed at the multitude of 18~20 year old undergrads here at Truman State.

I had very positive experiences with three people in particular when searching for my current residence: Martha Johnson, Show Me Realty; Larry ????, Century 21 and Greg Guffy, Guffy Enterprises. Also, in my opinion, the BEST complex to rent in is the Woodwinds. It a med-sized group of owner-condos with about 50+% KCOM students living here. The buildings are arranged such that we have a 'park-like' area shielded by the facilities and a pool in the middle. We're only 3-miles from the school and there is NO traffic to be concerned with here in K'Ville.

Just some info for you folks coming to KCOM

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained!!

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained!!

Members don't see this ad.