Housing at Scholl North Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kraxup

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How safe is the area around the school. ie. high crime or not. I will be moving there with my wife and 2 children.

Members don't see this ad.

kraxup said:
How safe is the area around the school. ie. high crime or not. I will be moving there with my wife and 2 children.

I have no idea, however I am planning on living south of the campus. Possibly by Arlington Heights, Mount Prospect, Wheeling area near I294. My significant other will be attending National University in Lombard, so I have to comprimise somewhat. Also, the area seems nicer and cheaper south of the school. However, I wouldn't advise making an extra commute these days with the gas prices.

If you end up living somewhere south of the campus, let me know. I will be trying to get a carpool going on a daily basis.

Luke.

kraxup said:

Pretty safe. It's quiet and modest and a good distance away from the actual city, where it's less safe.

Members don't see this ad :)
truckibear said:
Pretty safe. It's quiet and modest and a good distance away from the actual city, where it's less safe.

No offense but are you originally from Chicago? Your profile was Orange county and your school is in Cali.

Okay kiddies, I live in the Woodlands right next to Scholl and have never been troubled. I even considered living in Waukegan next year but then reconsidered, not because it is unsafe, more because I did not want to move all my stuff. I have a crap load. Really the area is fine, I a single female, all of 5 feet tall even go to the grocery store at night alone!!!! OMG who knew. Anyway really just look at an area and if you feel alright then live there. But the closer the better, you really don't want to commute that far, when sorry, but class is at 8:00 almost everyday.

kraxup said:

It really is a great area. Lake Forest, which is about 10 minutes south is one of the nicest areas in North Chicago. People like Michael Jordan live there, if that tells you anything. Don't worry about crime. The biggest thing to worry about are rent prices!

mrfeet said:
It really is a great area. Lake Forest, which is about 10 minutes south is one of the nicest areas in North Chicago. People like Michael Jordan live there, if that tells you anything. Don't worry about crime. The biggest thing to worry about are rent prices!

That is cool, MJ. DMU is by a Quizon's. :laugh: