Housing at Western / COMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tkim

10 cc's cordrazine
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Going to COMP next fall, and I am very excited!

I'll be moving from Massachusetts, and won't have much opportunity to check out the area before I move.

I was wondering what people had to say about housing in the area? I'm married, and we're expecting our first child in June. We also have two dogs - a Basenji and a Lab. So, if finding a place to rent that allows big dogs was as much of a hassle as it was here, I should ask now if anyone has any leads.

I've searched the threads, and have read that while Pomona isn't the best place to live, that the surrounding area is good. Places mentioned most often are:

Chino
Chino Hills
Claremont
Diamond Bar
San Dimas
Upland

Can anyone fill me in on these areas? What's a good mix of affordability and quality? Any websites that key in on that area for rentals?

I hear that Chino/Chino Hills and Claremont are nice but pricier than
Upland. I'm just looking for something relatively close to school, affordable, and safe. Seeing as how Massachusetts is prime real estate, I won't suffer too much sticker shock when I see the prices. If I get enough input together, then I can post a FAQ of sorts.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

- Tae

Members don't see this ad.

I live in Claremont and am attending COMP next fall as well. You can find houses to rent which would be nice in your situation and since it is a college town there are many apartments to choose from. This may help: www.cuc.claremont.edu/RealEstate/.

See you in August.

Originally posted by single track
I live in Claremont and am attending COMP next fall as well. You can find houses to rent which would be nice in your situation and since it is a college town there are many apartments to choose from. This may help: www.cuc.claremont.edu/RealEstate/.

See you in August.

You. Are. The. Balls. Thanks!

- Tae