Housing in Biddeford, ME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biljana

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, I am just wondering if anyone has an idea what the standard of living is in Biddeford, ME? Is it hard to find year round housing and what are the average rates for rent and utilities? And also, is it difficult to find a pet friendly rental houses? Any info is much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I would post this in the osteopathic forum. You will get many more people there who will be able to answer your question.

To live in the city of Biddeford, you're looking at $400-$550 for a one bedroom, about 600-700 for a two, and about $800 for a 3 bedroom. It is easy to find year-round housing in the city, but hard to find year-round in the Pool area (by school on the ocean). If you do find year-round, it will be more expensive. Most places don't allow pets period, some allow cats, and good luck finding a year-round beach house for a good price that allows a dog! Here are some resources:

The une housing page at www.une.edu

www.journaltribune.com

www.mainetoday.com

your best bet would be to find a UNE student and have them send an email to their classmates to find who in the 2nd year class is already living in something that fits your description, see if they are moving for 3rd year (they probably are), and get their landlord's #. I go to UNE, and could help with this when it gets a little closer to that time. Also, you can call the housing office and ask for the names of some realty places around here. They should know the names of places students have used in the past to find homes.

Good luck

Doc Oc
UNECOM 2005