Housing in Hampton Roads.

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by buckaroo_banzai, Dec 16, 2005.

1. buckaroo_banzai

buckaroo_banzai New Member

Medical Student
    I have just been selected to start GME-1 at Portsmouth. I have been browsing websites to find housing. The best I've found so far is www.hamptonroads.com. If any of you at Porstmouth have advice on the best living for an intern, I would appreciate it. Personally, I like having a yard.
    -Buckaroo B

Rawhide: Dr. Banzai is using a laser to vaporize a pineal tumor without damaging the parthogenital plate. A subcutaneous microphone will allow the patient to transmit verbal instructions to his own brain.
    Observer: Like, "raise my left arm"?
    Rawhide: Or "throw the harpoon." People are gonna come from all over...This boy's an Eskimo.

2. Spang

Spang SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

Hopefully someone will reply with some actual useful advice, but until then I'll tell you what I think.

I lived in Hampton Roads/Tidewater for about 4 years, but this was 10 years ago. I lived at Chicks Beach and worked at mainside, so totally different than your situation. I think, however, that in general you want to 1) avoid tunnels or bridges as much as possible when selecting where you live, 2) maintain a healthy skepticism about the ongoing urban renewal in the downtown area, especially if you have a wife and/or kids, I would not choose to live there.

Good luck!

spang

3. backrow

backrow 60% of the time it works everytime
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I started a topic on this exact question not too long ago. Got some good responses, scroll down the screen or check page 2 for a thread that may have some answers for you