Housing in Hampton Roads.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buckaroo_banzai

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have just been selected to start GME-1 at Portsmouth. I have been browsing websites to find housing. The best I've found so far is www.hamptonroads.com. If any of you at Porstmouth have advice on the best living for an intern, I would appreciate it. Personally, I like having a yard.
-Buckaroo B

Rawhide: Dr. Banzai is using a laser to vaporize a pineal tumor without damaging the parthogenital plate. A subcutaneous microphone will allow the patient to transmit verbal instructions to his own brain.
Observer: Like, "raise my left arm"?
Rawhide: Or "throw the harpoon." People are gonna come from all over...This boy's an Eskimo.

Members don't see this ad.

Hopefully someone will reply with some actual useful advice, but until then I'll tell you what I think.

I lived in Hampton Roads/Tidewater for about 4 years, but this was 10 years ago. I lived at Chicks Beach and worked at mainside, so totally different than your situation. I think, however, that in general you want to 1) avoid tunnels or bridges as much as possible when selecting where you live, 2) maintain a healthy skepticism about the ongoing urban renewal in the downtown area, especially if you have a wife and/or kids, I would not choose to live there.

Good luck!

spang

I started a topic on this exact question not too long ago. Got some good responses, scroll down the screen or check page 2 for a thread that may have some answers for you