Housing in Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

legolas

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I just registered and this will be my first entry.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me about good housing - apts. etc. around Pomona. I recently got accepted to Western and am seriously considering to accept the offer in December. My husband and I are from Torrance, CA and it will be quite a commute for me if we don't move closer to Pomona. Perhaps a place between Pomona and Torrance will be ideal since he might opt to keep his job in Torrance while I attend medical school. If you can give me any info on this, I would really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know what your budget is but, I would suggest looking into cities around Pomona to live in since Pomona is not considered the "nicest" place to live (I don't know if you have children or not). Diamond Bar, Claremont, Chino Hills, and Walnut are all close by and pretty nice areas. It is going to be hard to find good apartments around Mt. SAC and Cal Poly Pomona.

legoles,
I am currently in the Long Beach area. I will be commuting because I don't want to pull my kids out of their current school. Carpooling may also be an option.
kberg