Housing in Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorsareneat

im a new kid
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Any of you folks go to Rochester or know anything about their housing?

Out of the following campus housing sites, which do you think is the best? Goler House, University Park, Graduate Living Center.

I don't want to live alone next year, but I won't know anyone at Rochester. Do you know if there is a discussion board or anything for people looking for roommates?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

Any of you folks go to Rochester or know anything about their housing?

Out of the following campus housing sites, which do you think is the best? Goler House, University Park, Graduate Living Center.

I don't want to live alone next year, but I won't know anyone at Rochester. Do you know if there is a discussion board or anything for people looking for roommates?

Thanks!!

Lots of med students live in goler & upk. Personally, I think Goler is the best. It's the closest campus housing to the school/hospital which is really convenient when the weather sucks. I think the main difference between goler and upk is the environment. Some people like the dorm feel to Goler, while others like the apartment complex feel of UPK. I have no idea what the graduate living center is.

In May, Gracie (in the admissions office) will usually send out an e-mail to the new class listing all the people who need roommates. So you shouldn't have any problem finding someone to live with. Also,once more students are accepted, y'all can try to find roommates via your class thread. Be wary of the roommate forum/housing forum thru the campus website... lots of non rochester people use it to try to scam students.

Does anyone know the approximate rent for a 2 bedroom apartment off campus? Do most first years live on campus? I'm engaged, so I'll be living off campus with my fiance, but I don't want to miss out on bonding with my classmates. :(