1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Housing in SF

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Stanford Fencer, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Stanford Fencer

Stanford Fencer Senior Member

Apparently, UCLA puts together a housing contact list for folks interested in rooming with fellow first year classmates staring in the Fall of 2002.

I haven't received my packet from UCSF, so I don't know if they do the same thing. Nevertheless, are there people interested in looking for housing with me up in SF? :)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Lin709

Lin709 Member

Hey Stanford,
    I had asked UCSF about that, and they said that they don't comprise a list for us. However, if you go on to their site, you'll find online services under the housing section. Some current and new students have posted availabilities there. Also, I think Craig's List is very helpful. Otherwise, I would go to the school and just look through the postings in front of the housing office. I'm still not sure what my plans for housing are, but I probably won't start looking until June. I think that's when they notify us about the Turk St. apartmnets and who was lucky enough to get housing. Are you starting to look for a place already?

4. Stanford Fencer

Hi Lin,

Well, since I'm fairly near the school (and despite that I really don't know the city well at all), I'm going to start hunting just so that I narrow my selection. I'll go up over weekends to hang out around the school, and get a sense of what it's like. I'll keep you posted on what I find (in terms of area, price..etc).. I expect to have comprehensive scouting reports (good places to eat..etc) by June :D

5. reena

reena Member

stan,

i sent you a PM, in reply to yours regarding housing plans.

reena

6. Stanford Fencer

Got it! Thanks Reena :)