housing in the NY city/Brooklyn area?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snooze7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, anyone know of "cheap" housing in the NY city/Brooklyn area? I'll be coming in from out of state for a couple of rotations and have no clue where to begin to look. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

snooze7 said:
Hey, anyone know of "cheap" housing in the NY city/Brooklyn area? I'll be coming in from out of state for a couple of rotations and have no clue where to begin to look. Thanks

Try Craigslist.com and click on NYC then housing. The village voice has adds and they are at villagevoice.com

there are also sublet.com and other renter and subletter websites but they charge you to see contact info.

The hospitals the you are rotating thru have no housing?

What hospitals are you rotating thru?

Metropolitan Hospital has dorms across the street - Draper Hall. They are at 98th St. and 1st ave in Manhattan.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the response. I'm currently looking at Maimonides (Brooklyn), Lutheran Med Ctr (Brooklyn), and St. Vincent's in Manhattan given that I'll be out of state and getting into a university-associated hospital is nearly impossible. If you have any suggestions, though, on getting in touch with Metropolitan, I'd be more than willing to give it a try. Thanks again.