1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Housing @ MCP Hahnemann?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by katy, Jun 24, 2001.

1. katy

katy Member
    10+ Year Member

How is the housing at Stiles? Is it only med school students? Is it on the same campus as the IMS Program students?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cepheid

cepheid New Member

I wouldn't recommend living in Stiles. (I lived there for 2 years.) You'll have to take the shuttle out of Center City to the Queen Lane campus..and that's about ~30 minutes each way.

Stiles isn't only for med students. There's a good mix of grad students living there. PA's, PT's, PhDs, and also undergrads.

4. phillybabe

phillybabe Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yes, Stiles is on the same campus as the IMS program. If you got housing at Stiles, I'd say go for it, since orientation is next week and you wont find any apts in philly that soon. Its pretty decent, dorm-style building. It has some 2 br apartments. Its one-block from IMS building.

5. wbd161

wbd161 Member
    7+ Year Member

I hope you guys can help me out too. Where's an okay place to live when you're gonna be rotating at MCP Hahnemann? Kinda like walking distance. I'm not from Philly and this is the first time I'll be going there. Do you have any idea how much they cost?

6. locitamd

locitamd Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

wbd - if you're only rotating there, then there are some Center City apts. available to rent. $575 for a studio - $800-$1K for a one-bedroom. Rigdon Miller Realty has a lot of apartments in the area and although they are a$$holes, you can arrange a short-term lease.