Housing Rochester - Mayo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beavis84

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Just wanted to ask your guys experience with housing in Rochester, Minnesota.
I got a Clerkship at Mayo where I'll be spending most of my time inpatient in the Saint Marys Hospital.

I thought of getting a room at the 2nd Street Inn & Suites. It costs 25$/day. Anyone been there?
Or any other recommendations?

Kahler has raised their price to 28$/day, but is further away from the Saint Marys Hospital.

Thank you !!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was at mayo a few months ago.

2nd St Inn and Suites is VERY close to St Mary's, but you get what you pay for. I felt like I lived in a (bad) college dorm. That being said, my AC worked, my fridge worked, there was hot water, and I'd probably do it again. But don't expect to feel like you're actually in a hotel.

Kahler is further away, and a bit nicer (from what I heard from other students). There is a shuttle that runs from very early to very late in the morning, on weekdays, from the main mayo outpatient building to St Mary's (~5 minutes). If you need to get there on the weekend, it might prove more difficult, but it's only a 10-12 minute walk.

Most places around both the outpatient building ("downtown") and St Mary's advertise monthly rates. I'd just do a google search for "hotel" or "motel" around the vicinity and start calling to see what kind of rates are offered.

Don't get ripped off for a cab if you're flying in -- bring cash and pay like 11-12 bucks to take the group shuttle into town, it'll drop you at your hotel and not take substantially longer.

thanks!

anyone else have any recommendations?