Quantcast

Housing website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OneDay81

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found a website called Walk Score and thought I would share it with everyone. It lets you put in what your desired commute time is (whether by car, walking, public transportation, etc) and find rentals that are within that distance. You can also specify things like you want o be within a 10 minute walk of a grocery store or park or whatever. It seems to use the same listings that trulia does as well as craigslist ads, so its limited (no newspaper ads - for some reason some people still pay for those lol) but in any case I thought I would pass on the info. Also, the commute times don't seem 100% accurate, just from playing around with it, but I think its still a decent website.

walkscore.com

Feel free to add other websites that you've found to this thread.

Last edited:

OneDay81

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Padmapper is good. It will list the same listings as the one I listed since it also primarily uses craigslist. Have you tried the app?

Actually, I just used both websites to zoom in around Tulane and padmapper had 3 returns while walkscore had 6, although 1 of the padmapper ones did not show up on walkscore (I searched using an identical radius, rent limitation, etc). I guess the lesson is to search multiple sites!

Last edited: