Houston area dinner & drinks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EvoDevo

Forging a Different Path
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Soooo, a couple of us Houston area folks decided to get together for dinner tonight, with drinks possible afterwards. And since some others have expressed interest as well, I thought I'd throw up the invite:

If anyone wants to come, meet @ the Cafe Red Onion on Kirby Drive @ 7:30.

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the invite, I however, am stuck in doing a little research paper for the Doc I shadow with. Have fun for me!

:(

EvoDevo said:
Soooo, a couple of us Houston area folks decided to get together for dinner tonight, with drinks possible afterwards. And since some others have expressed interest as well, I thought I'd throw up the invite:

Cheers!

oh man I love the red onion!

not in houston right now though.

Members don't see this ad :)
:mad: :mad:
just got into a hit and run accident on bissonet and greenbriar. some bastard in the middle lane made a left turn and hit me (i was in the left lane). his car landed in some lady's yard and he took off...thankfully im okay, but my car is not...

I HATE that intersection. a couple of years ago someone from my undergrad was killed by a drunk driver in that intersection

That is horrible. At least you are safe! Guess you're better off avoiding that intersection next time though.

So, how'd it go?

EvoDevo said:

Cheers!

omg, i drove past that last night! I was heading back towards campus and i saw this car on the left hand curb. I had to drive back from sugarland in that awful rain. So sorry that this happened to you. They should be able to figure out who the car belongs to by the license plate, no?

Jesus! I'm so sorry, Lulu. :( Glad to hear that you're okay, though.

Wow, Poor you, as long as you're ok. That is a horrible intersection, I agree, they always drive off in Houston.

:mad:

MadameLULU said:
just got into a hit and run accident on bissonet and greenbriar. some bastard in the middle lane made a left turn and hit me (i was in the left lane). his car landed in some lady's yard and he took off...thankfully im okay, but my car is not...

I HATE that intersection. a couple of years ago someone from my undergrad was killed by a drunk driver in that intersection

EvoDevo said:
It was fun. The ladies of SDN are gorgeous in addition to smart and funny. :)

who was there?

jammin06 said:
omg, i drove past that last night! I was heading back towards campus and i saw this car on the left hand curb. I had to drive back from sugarland in that awful rain. So sorry that this happened to you. They should be able to figure out who the car belongs to by the license plate, no?

yup that was me :(
yeah, the officer wasn't able to track the guy by his license plate, but the hit-and-run division should be able to..
btw, what ever happened with the lacrosse thing?

EvoDevo said:

Cheers!

Not on your life, Evodevo! The mere fact that you're going is an immediate turn off to me. How is this a pre-allo topic anyway? This is yet another flagrant abuse of power.

EvoDevo said:

mmmmmmmm. red onion. while seabass and i were completely deflated about not being able to make it, our waiter(ess) Candy sure did her best to cheer us up here in NYC.

LuLu--that stinks about your car--glad you are okay. I can't beleive the guy drove off!

EvoDevo said:

I wasn't there, so how would you know? ;) :D

I so wish I could've made it. I went to Opus last night (Preston/Main) and before that it was a going away party for a co-worker.

Next time. :)

Lulu, blah!! That is awful. A guy hit my car in the UH parking lot and just ran off... a girl saw it and took down his license plate. He confessed later! I hope you find him, and you get your car fixed!

runner1979 said:
mmmmmmmm. red onion. while seabass and i were completely deflated about not being able to make it, our waiter(ess) Candy sure did her best to cheer us up here in NYC.

LuLu--that stinks about your car--glad you are okay. I can't beleive the guy drove off!

So Jealous...you must be having so much fun in NY!!!

on_the_fence said:
Lulu, blah!! That is awful. A guy hit my car in the UH parking lot and just ran off... a girl saw it and took down his license plate. He confessed later! I hope you find him, and you get your car fixed!

thanks...im taking it in tomorrow...i just hope its not totalled...its an older car (92 honda) with a lot of mileage