Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

How about an AMCAS forum on SDN?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BigRedStress, May 13, 2002.

1. BigRedStress

BigRedStress AMEX Black

there will be many questions coming up from many people over the summer esp. after last year's fiasco. I think this is a good idea, let's take it tothe SDN gods and see what they say.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hero

Hero Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If a vote is needed for this, I vote yes.

AMCAS questions get pushed to the 2nd page and on way too fast.

Also, with the lack of the search function it will be easier for SDNers to find threads that'll answer their questions. This would prevent a lot of redundant posts.

4. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    I don't think this is such a good idea. I never think to look in the MCAT forum to offer advice, and I won't go out of my way to go to an AMCAS forum either. If the questions are here, I'll see them and answer them. :) If everything gets its own forum, what's the point of a pre-allo forum?

5. Hero

Hero Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm sure no one has all the answers to the AMCAS application. Most of the answers will be discovered by the AMCAS applicants while they are filling it out and calling AMCAS representatives.

But i agree w/ Foxy, a separate forum is a bit excessive. However, an "Official AMCAS thread" won't do either.

6. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

Attending Physician
    i think pre-allo should be for amcas...cause the AMCAS is only for allo schools anyway.

7. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    Just another suggestion. The AMCAS threads get very confusing if the titles are not specific--they all look the same to me and I can't remember which I have answered and which I haven't. So, if you have an AMCAS question, please make your thread title as specific as possible. :D